Ready for work, dressed, teeth brushed, hair done, lunch packed – Checklists. Be they mental habits or studiously marked on an app, checklists keep us from becoming the common fool.
Scripture is filled with lists to keep our souls from common sins. Titus 3:1-2 has a brief 5-minute checklist of godliness to guide and evaluate your day.
- v. 1a-b Do I respect human authorities? (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-17)
- v. 1c Am I always ready to do good? (Romans 12:17)
- v. 2a Do I only speak well of others? (James 3:6-10; Ephesians 4:29)
- v. 2b-c Do I promote peace? (Romans 12:18; Matthew 5:9)
- v. 2d Is my humility indiscriminate? (Philippians 2:3-7)