We take seriously the “one another” commands in the New Testament and, as a result, have various ministries focused on growing in our understanding and application of those commands.
These ministries include:
- Prayer meeting every Saturday morning and Sunday before the service
- Home groups on each side of the Msunduzi river (Athlone and Hayfields) and in Howick every week
- Men’s meetings once a month
- Women’s meetings once a month
- Young Adults / Student meetings frequently arranged
- Biblical Counselling as the need arises
In addition to the ministries focussing on edifying the saints, we as a church are burdened for those who are not part of the body of Christ. From its founding days, Living Hope Baptist Church has been engaged in and praying for local and global outreach.
Local outreach ministries:
- Monthly service at a nearby retirement and old age care home
- Gospel tracts made available at church for personal evangelism
- Zulu Bible fund to purchase and distribute Zulu bibles to the known ministries in and around Msunduzi municipality
- Occasional Biblical counselling training courses to the community and neighbouring churches
Global outreach ministries: