This is written to all children – if you have a parent, this is for you. If you have a child, forward it to them.
How does a wise son or daughter deal with his or her parents?
According Proverbs, God’s book of practical wisdom, a wise child will:
- listen to, and not scoff at, his parent’s instruction 13:1; 20:20; 30:17
- seek to please his parents 17:25; 23:24-25, especially so, by avoiding shameful friends: 28:7
- not leech off them: 28:24
- respect them in their old age: 23:22
- not waste their wealth 29:3
Thought to Ponder: Are you a wise or foolish person in your relation to your parents?