This is written to all children—if you have a parent, this is for you. If you have a child, forward it to them.
How does a wise son or daughter deal with his or her parents?
According Proverbs, God’s book of practical wisdom, a wise child will:
- listen to, and not scoff at, his parent’s instruction (Pto 13:1; Pro 20:20; Pro 30:17)
- seek to please his parents (Pro 17:25; Pro 23:24-25), especially so, by avoiding shameful friends (Pro 28:7)
- not leech off them (Pro 28:24)
- respect them in their old age (Pro 23:22)
- not waste their wealth (Pro 29:3)
Thought to ponder: Are you a wise or foolish person in your relation to your parents?