THIS WEEK’S BULLETIN
PRE-SERVICE PRAYER MEETING
Use the acronym ACTS to guide your prayer or preparation today
- Adoration: Praise the Lord for holding the universe in His hand and for holding each of our lives in His hand too
- Confession: Confess all sin to the Lord and rejoice in His forgiveness
- Thanksgiving: Thank the Lord for providing in your needs this past week, both physical and spiritual.
- Supplication: Plead with the Lord on behalf of those who do not know Him, and ask also that we can resume our regular worship services soon.
Welcome to Living Hope Baptist Church. We trust that our limited means under lockdown will still resound to God’s glory and our edification today. May this order of service be a blessing to you as you set aside some time for the worship of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Our hope is not in this world, but in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Pray with us,
Lord, we sing these lyrics with true understanding, knowing that You are our provider, sustainer, and Saviour. Be exalted by our worship, Amen.
- Remember that much of our ministry continues unaltered in spite of the current Lock-down.
- Home-group will meet on Tuesday at 7pm. The format will once again be a Q&A, so please submit any questions on a particular text, a Christian living matter, or a personal spiritual issue to Andrew before then. Stay connected on our WhatsApp group to receive the online meeting information.
- To continue our fellowship as Christians requires some extra thought under lock-down, so be sure to send a word of courage-building encouragement or soul-blessing comfort to one another today and later the week again too.
Our LORD and our God, what a privilege it is for us to address you with such familiarity. Every day as we bow our heads in prayer, every Sunday as we direct our worship to You, we understand that your holy presence is accessible to us only through the work of Your Son, Jesus Christ. What mercy You show us in forgiving our sins! What grace You show us in enabling us to live for You!
We are reminded even by our own church’s name, that lockdown does not kill our hope in You. Our hope in You is a living hope because You are the living God. You sustain us and protect us. You provide for us and watch over us. You know all our troubles and are perfectly aware of our daily circumstances. We therefore confidently place our hope in You. You will never leave or forsake us. You will always be near. We trust You because You are trustworthy. We believe You because You are true. We love You because You love us so lavishly. We confess that at times our hope is placed on things that do not last. Forgive us for our earthly-mindedness. Teach us to live this earthly life with excellence and diligence, but teach us never to set our hope on the things of this world. Our hope is in You, and to You we look each day. We look to You for our daily needs and our spiritual needs. We look to You for our worship. You are our hope in this life and the next.
Accept our worship today, for Jesus’ sake. Teach us from Your Word. Spur us on to even greater love for one another. Make us witnesses of You to the world around us.
“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is Yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head above all.” (1 Chron 29:11). Amen
SCRIPTURE READING AND PRAYER
Read Psalm 127 out loud, and then pray with us in response to it.
LORD, forgive us for every anxious thought and stressed response to life. We acknowledge that we cannot govern our lives without Your hand of blessing in all that we do (v. 1). Help us to sense our dependence on You. As we lie down each night this week, remove from us the worries of the day and make us sleep peacefully, knowing that no matter what tomorrow might bring, Your love is sure (v. 2). Thank you for our families (v. 3-5). Please save our family members who are not yet saved. Please bless our family members who walk in Your ways. Make us as a Church, a testimony of spiritual family to the world. Help us as we care for family and friends in need. Give us the right words to say at the right times. May all that we do, result in praises of Your all-present, all-knowing, all-powerful love. Amen
Here is a playlist of some of the songs we normally sing. Join us in singing these songs to the Lord in praise.
Pray with us,
It is good for us to sing Your praises, but Lord, we also long to hear from You. Teach us from Your Word, for Jesus’ sake, Amen
The sermon is available to you in reading, audio, or video format.
Let’s respond to God’s Word, with appropriate praise!
Our benediction for today,
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labour is not in vain.1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)
God be with you all, till we meet again. Amen.