PRE-SERVICE PRAYER MEETING
Use the acronym ACTS to guide your prayer or preparation today
- Adoration: Praise the Lord for holding the universe in His hand and for holding each of our lives in His hand too
- Confession: Confess all sin to the Lord and rejoice in His forgiveness
- Thanksgiving: Thank the Lord for providing in your needs this past week, both physical and spiritual.
- Supplication: Plead with the Lord on behalf of those who do not know Him, and ask also that we can resume our regular worship services soon.
Welcome to Living Hope Baptist Church. We trust that our limited means under lockdown will still resound to God’s glory and our edification today. May this order of service be a blessing to you as you set aside some time for the worship of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Our hope is not in this world, but in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Pray with us,
Lord, we sing these lyrics with true understanding, knowing that You are our provider, sustainer, and Saviour. Be exalted by our worship, Amen.
- Thank you to all who have been able to assist with some of the families who are in need due to the lockdown. We are dedicating the funds to purchasing food for those in our own congregation and in the Sweetwaters congregation where there is greatest need. A heartfelt thank-you from the families who have received some of the funds. If any of you are struggling financially, please send one of the elders a brief message with the details of your need and we would love to help out as needed. To give towards lockdown assistance, simply use “lockdown” as the reference in your giving.
- The church’s finances have showed a slight loss last month. We praise the Lord that the loss is less than expected and we’ve still been able to pay our pastor and missionaries their normal contributions. Any regular giving can be made using the banking details at the bottom of this page.
- As long as we are under lockdown, our primary ministries will continue on WhatsApp and on the website. The Sunday sermon today will be available in PDF reading format and MP3 listening format. For those with additional internet accessibility, a live-stream home-group will be held on Thursday 7:15pm and a live-stream sermon on Sunday 9:30am.
Our LORD and our God, what a privilege it is for us to address you with such familiarity. Every day as we bow our heads in prayer, every Sunday as we direct our worship to You, we understand that your holy presence is accessible to us only through the work of Your Son, Jesus Christ. What mercy You show us in forgiving our sins! What grace You show us in enabling us to live for You!
We are reminded even by our own church’s name, that lockdown does not kill our hope in You. Our hope in You is a living hope because You are the living God. You sustain us and protect us. You provide for us and watch over us. You know all our troubles and are perfectly aware of our daily circumstances. We therefore confidently place our hope in You. You will never leave or forsake us. You will always be near. We trust You because You are trustworthy. We believe You because You are true. We love You because You love us so lavishly. We confess that at times our hope is placed on things that do not last. Forgive us for our earthly-mindedness. Teach us to live this earthly life with excellence and diligence, but teach us never to set our hope on the things of this world. Our hope is in You, and to You we look each day. We look to You for our daily needs and our spiritual needs. We look to You for our worship. You are our hope in this life and the next.
Accept our worship today, for Jesus’ sake. Teach us from Your Word. Spur us on to even greater love for one another. Make us witnesses of You to the world around us.
“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is Yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head above all.” (1 Chron 29:11). Amen
SCRIPTURE READING AND PRAYER
One of the Bible Reading Psalms in our bulletin last week was Psalm 127. Read it again, out loud, and then pray with us.
LORD, forgive us for every anxious thought and stressed response to life. We acknowledge that we cannot govern our lives without Your hand of blessing in all that we do (v. 1). Help us to sense our dependence on You. As we lie down each night this week, remove from us the worries of the day and make us sleep peacefully, knowing that no matter what tomorrow might bring, Your love is sure (v. 2). Thank you for our families (v. 3-5). Please save our family members who are not yet saved. Please bless our family members who walk in Your ways. Make us as a Church, a testimony of spiritual family to the world. Help us as we care for family and friends in need. Give us the right words to say at the right times. May all that we do, result in praises of Your all-present, all-knowing, all-powerful love. Amen
Here is a playlist of some of the songs we normally sing. Use them to learn the songs, but for today, join us in singing these songs to the Lord in praise.
Pray with us,
It is good for us to sing Your praises, but Lord, we also long to hear from You. Teach us from Your Word, for Jesus’ sake, Amen
Listen to the sermon live at 9:30 AM using this link: https://meet.google.com/sxt-fmfa-oyj. If you are unable to join us live, the sermon link below contains the sermon notes in reading format. The audio will be added after the live recording.
“Christians, dead or alive, want it!” by Andrew Zekveld
Let’s respond to God’s Word, with appropriate praise!
Since the great resurrection passage, 1 Corinthians 15, ends with such a wonderful exhortation, it is our benediction for today: 1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labour is not in vain.1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)
God be with you all, till we meet again. Amen.